AlpAccess employs several NACE, FROSIO and SSPC inspectors of different levels. What is a FROSIO inspector? You can find out below:
We provide inspection services with certified FROSIO inspectors in Romania and abroad.
FROSIO Inspector for Quality Control
To ensure high quality anti-corrosion protection services, we provide surface treatment inspectors, for quality control and to assess the quality of the anti-corrosion protection projects.
What is FROSIO?
FROSIO is the Norwegian Professional Council for Education and Certification of Inspectors of Surface Treatment. The FROSIO organization was established in 1986 by the anti-corrosion protection industry to meet a growing demand of qualified and certified personnel at all levels of management, production and inspection of work that act on surface treatment and corrosion protection.
The certification system has achieved a high international recognition and the FROSIO certified inspectors have become an essential requirement in various standards and specifications.
The inspectors are trained and certified in accordance with the Norwegian standard Norsok 476 or NS 476.
- To increase the level of quality in all aspects of surface treatment and thermal insulation;
- Engage in formulating quality requirements, and developing education programs for surface treatment and insulation inspectors.
Certification levels and validity
The FROSIO certification system consists of three different levels:
- FROSIO Inspector candidate certificate Level I – White - No relevant experience required;
- FROSIO Inspector candidate certificate Level II – Green - Minimum 2 years experience in the field;
- FROSIO Inspector candidate certificate Level III – Red - Requires at least five years of relevant and documented inspection experience.
Certificates shall be valid for five years from the date of issue, and, after expiration of validity, the inspector have to send documents proving that he / she is still conducting inspection activities before re-issuing another valid certificate.
- Attending an 80-hour course provided by a training organization approved by FROSIO;
- Pass both theoretical and practical exams;
- Document relevant experience and inspection experience.
Other equivalent certifications are FROSIO, SSPC, Icorr, ACQPA.
Since 2012, FROSIO has also developed a program for the education and certification of inspectors for industrial insulation.